Accommodation - No.12
Glazed porch and door leading onto a hall.
Off the hall is a superb hand built kitchen leading to a dining area with french doors out onto the patio. The kitchen has a stone floor, granite surfaces and a window seat. There is a large de-luxe Falcon 6 gas rings cooker, microwave, built in fridge/freezer, Belfast sink with in-built water filter, and dishwasher. There is a wood stove in the dining area, dining table for six, and a wall mounted flat screen TV.
Off the kitchen is a utility room with WC, Belfast sink, tumble dryer, washing machine and under stairs cupboard.
Oak stairs leading to an office area with oak desk, chair, cupboards and a chest of drawers.
The office area leads on to the living area – a sunny sitting room with estuary views from the three sets of French doors two of which open onto a railed South West facing balcony. From the balcony there are breath-taking views across and down the estuary and on which one can sit and watch the sunset over the Haldon Hills. There is a corner sofa, two armchairs, an open Jetstream fireplace with slate hearth and a large flat screen TV.
Stairs up to the two bedrooms both of which have pitched ceilings. The master bedroom has a Vi-Spring Superking bed , a TV and plenty of storage. The second bedroom has a double bed, a wardrobe and built in storage for clothes. Both rooms have views to the estuary. Between the two is a bathroom, with bath, shower with glass door, sink and toilet. There is a hanging wardrobe in the hall (for the main bedroom) and another in the second bedroom.
The property is protected from the lane and estuary beach by a high wall with both a wooden pedestrian gate and large electric sliding gate for car access onto the Yorkstone paved area immediately in front of the cottage. At the end of the cottage there is a private patio area with a teak table and four chairs. There is also a cycle and bin shed.
- Changeover day is Friday with departures before 10am and arrivals after 4pm. Arrival times are arranged with Liz, the housekeeper, who normally greets guests and introduces them to the cottage. Liz’s numbers are Land:01392 879885 and Mob: 07974042392.
- It is advised to give Liz a call the day before your arrival, to arrange for her to meet you and show you into the cottage as well as confirming your bedding arrangements.
- Although tight, there is space on the Yorkstone courtyard at the front of the cottage for a mid-sized car. There is also public on street parking on the quayside at the front of the house and charged parking 250 metres away.
- A high chair is provided.
- No smoking is allowed.
- No pets are allowed except for guide dogs.
- There is WiFi broadband.
- Bed linen and bath towels are provided – please bring your own beach towels if required.
- There is no extra charge for the gas central heating or electricity.
- Cleaning materials: washing up liquid, surface cleaner, hand soap (kitchens and toilets), dishwasher tablets and toilet cleaner are provided.