Accommodation - No.11
“Utterly fantastic. Can’t fault it and we will be back again in Jan. We could live here all the time. Thanks for the flowers and wine. The beds were really comfortable – a real house from home.”Paul & Sue H
Glazed porch and door into superb, very spacious kitchen/diner. This lovely bright room has a polished oak floor, a dining table to seat eight and a window seat. There is a large electric Smeg oven with 6 gas rings, microwave, large Smeg fridge/freezer, Belfast sink with in-built water filter, dishwasher, flat screen TV and a Panasonic DAB Micro system for CDs with an iPod dock. At the other end of the room is a utility area with tumble dryer and washing machine. Luxury downstairs shower room with extra large shower enclosure, basin and WC.
Carpeted stairs to a large and sunny sitting room with estuary views from the two sets of French doors that open to a South West facing railed balcony. From the balcony there are breathtaking views across and down the estuary and on which one can sit and watch the sunset over the Haldon Hills. There are two huge sofas (one converts to a large double bed), a large contemporary flame effect gas burner, a telescope for bird watchers, and a large Smart HD flat screen TV with DVD.
Stairs up to the bedrooms that both have pitched ceilings. Attractive and cosy double room with 5ft bed and lovely views. The second bedroom has a 3ft bed with a full size pullout beneath to form a large double or twin beds. The lovely bathroom is tucked under the eaves with a superb jacuzzi bath, electric shower over, basin, WC and even a shelf for the champagne!
The property is protected from the lane and estuary beach by a high wall with both a wrought iron gate and large electric sliding gate for car access onto the yorkstone paved area immediately in front of the cottage.
- Changeover day is Friday with departures before 10am and arrivals after 4pm. Arrival times are arranged with Liz, the housekeeper, who normally greets guests and introduces them to the cottage. Liz’s numbers are Land:01392 879885 and Mob: 07974042392.
- It is advised to give Liz a call the day before your arrival, to arrange for her to meet you and show you into the cottage as well as confirming your bedding arrangements.
- Although tight, there is space on the yorkstone courtyard at the front of the cottage for a mid-sized car. There is also public on street parking on the quayside at the front of the house and charge parking 250 metres away.
- No cot or high chair is provided due to limited bedroom space.
- No smoking is allowed.
- No pets are allowed except for guide dogs.
- There is WiFi broadband.
- There is a maximum occupancy of 6 persons.
- Bed linen and bath towels are provided – please bring your own beach towels if required.
- There is no extra charge for the gas central heating or electricity.
- Cleaning materials: washing up liquid, surface cleaner, hand soap (kitchens and toilets), dishwasher tablets and toilet cleaner are provided.
“Wonderful accommodation and location was truly five star.”Mr & Mrs B from Bath