How to reach Topsham by road
Our cottages are located on The Strand, which is the street that runs alongside the estuary.
Travelling from Exeter
- On entering Topsham when you reach the mini roundabout (with Topsham Wines on right) go straight across.
- Progress down the main shopping street past the Nat West Bank and then the Globe hotel on your left and after a further
- 80 metres you come to a mini roundabout with the Lighter Inn on the right.
- Go straight across this junction and continue a further 100 metres when the road opens out onto the estuary on your right. This is Hannaford’s Quay and our cottages are on the left behind the high white walls.
Travelling southbound on the M5
- Exit Junction 30.
- Take first exit off the roundabout (direction ‘Sidmouth/Exmouth’).
- After about a mile at Clyst St Mary roundabout turn right.
- Continue straight at next roundabout.
- At George & Dragon roundabout, turn right.
- Go past Darts Farm, over the bridge and past the Bridge Inn pub.
- At next mini roundabout turn left, cross the level crossing and then immediately take the first left down Holman Way.
- Continue down to the mini roundabout at the Lighter Inn then turn left onto The Strand.
- Continue for 100 metres when the road opens out onto the estuary on your right. This is Hannaford’s Quay and our cottages are on the left behind the high white walls.
Travelling northbound on the M5
- Exit at Junction 30 (Exeter Services).
- Take fourth exit (direction ‘Sidmouth/Exmouth’).
- Follow instructions as above from this point.
There is a train station at Topsham which is within a 10 minute walking distance of Hannaford’s Quay. The train goes to Exeter St David’s where it connects with the national network.
Exeter also has a regional airport which is about a 20 minute drive to Topsham.